How much does it cost to make a podcast with you?
- We offer different packages depending on your needs.
- We have a launch package for new podcasts.
- We offer a full production package and a post production package.
- Our launch package (everything is included) is £4500 to include 4 episodes.
- Our full production package (everything is included from script writing to all post production) is £500 per episode.
- Our post production package includes editing, mixing and mastering and costs from £250 depending on the length of the podcast.
- If a podcast includes on location recording or field recording the cost will be higher to fit this and is considered on a case by case basis.
How do you record a podcast?
- Most recording will be made remotely using Zoom or Riverside.
- We provide advice on microphones for the best quality sound.
- For field recording we will provide the microphones and recording equipment.
Can you train me to make my own podcasts?
- Anybody with an internet connection can record a podcast.
- You can also record using your smart phone.
- We advise on microphones to get you set up.
- You should set up in a quiet room with as many soft furnishings, curtains and cushions as possible e.g. carpet rather than hard surfaces.
- If you are recording with more than one contributor make sure to use multi track as an option.
- You then send the audio files to us for post production.
What equipment do I need to start a podcast?
- You can start a podcast with just a mobile phone and a connection to the internet.
- However, we recommend you get some quality recording kit – we can advise on what microphones and other equipment to purchase for the best quality sound.
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer.
- A microphone and audio interface (unless USB microphone)
- Recording software (zoom or team will work or we can advise on other platforms)
- An editing suite such as Audacity or Reaper – however, most clients will ask us to do the editing for them as it takes a lot of precious and valuable time.
What does a podcast production agency do?
We provide a range of podcast production services from full production including script writing, show preparation, formatting and technical set up to editing, post production, scheduling and distribution. We also provide podcast training and a podcast audit service.
Can you host (present) our podcast?
- Depending on our time availability we can host (present) your podcast.
- However, we recommend that you or someone in your team will be the best voice for your podcast.
- Through our launch package we provide host coaching.
What is a podcast producer?
In charge of the whole podcast operation and oversees every stage of production from pre-production (concept planning, format, set up, script writing) to recording (in field on location or remotely) to post production (editing, processing, mixing, mastering, adding music and sound or voiceovers) to distribution and release.
What is an editor?
In charge of undertaking the technical elements of the post-production including editing, mixing and mastering.
How do I get my podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify?
We will help you get set up on a podcast hosting site, through which you will be able to set your podcast up to reach Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other podcasting streaming platforms.
Can you help us with logo creation or podcast cover art?
Yes, we work with a trusted and professional designer to design your bespoke podcast art.
Can you help us to find music for our show?
How do I promote my podcast?
- Promote it as widely as you can using your existing marketing channels such as social media and your mailing list.
- Create an ‘audiogram’ (with our packages we will create this for you for each episode). An audiogram is a 20-30 second ‘clip’ of your episode.
- Appear on other podcasts as a guest.
Can I hear some of the other podcasts you produce?
We already have a podcast, can you help us improve it?
Why do you specialise in rural?
- It’s our passion.
- It’s our mission to make rural stories mainstream.
- It’s our background.
- Podcasting is a fantastic way of reaching people in remote areas.